Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the "Dreaded" call

Today, as I was making lunch the phone rings. I answer "Hello?" And guess who is on the other line? But my Doctor! He called me personally. Yikes! My heart sank initially hearing his voice, and thought oh my...I must have failed the test.

WRONG!!

I passed the 3 hour Gestational Diabetes test and he said it was "PERFECT" and he just wanted to share the good news with me, before my appointment tomorrow. Initially when he read the report, he said he was afraid of the results as he knew how upset I was at being told I need to go to an appointment at the hospital for Gestational Diabetes from the results of the 1 hour test. He didn't want to give me more bad news! But he was relieved too! So, I said to him "You do not know how happy you have made me!" He said I know how happy you are.

So, it goes to show that tests aren't always right! I followed my gut and my gut was right! It was the combination of stress, being over tired, sick and eating a sugary/high carb fast food meal the night before.

There are small miracles, and he said the rest of the pregnancy will be great! I couldn't agree more! That sure was a good phone call!!!

YIPPEEEEEEE!

Now I can relax for my appointment tomorrow! And just enjoy the appointment. (FINALLY)

Cathy

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you passed! This is wonderful news! Glad to hear you are feeling better and in a great mood! Not much longer for either of us now. ;-) -Katie

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home