Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Week 32 and less than 8 weeks to go!

It's getting awfully snug in there! Your baby weighs almost 4 pounds and is almost 17 inches long. You're gaining a pound a week now, and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next seven weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. A side effect of your growing belly may be low back pain and possibly some pain in your buttocks and thighs. Be sure to tell your caregiver if the pain is severe or you feel numbness or tingling in your legs.
-------------------------------

Well, less than 8 weeks to go until our due date!

Yesterday was the first day of spring, and spring is my FAVOURITE season. And that means this is the SEASON our baby will be born. That is so exciting to me. Lately, I am finding it hard to stay up til 11 pm. I find myself falling asleep on the couch, and wake up around 1 am and heading to bed. Oh well. I have also been experiencing very swollen feet and ankles and boy are they attractive LOL.

This baby has been very active, I have been feeling really strong kicks to the ribs and big punches way down low. And for the past two days I have been feeling the baby hiccup which is so cute! I love that feeling. I have felt it about 3 times now. This baby has a sense of humour too, as when the baby is moving all about, and Cliff goes to put his hand on the belly to feel the baby move, the baby stops!! It is like the baby knows and plays this game with Daddy. I think it is quite amusing. Cliff, doesn't find it that funny!

The kids go back and forth as to what we are having. And Claire keeps telling me how big my belly is getting. Cliff even said "You look cute today!" (yesterday) I have quite the belly and will have to post a current photo soon! It is large! I am getting to the point where the shirts are not covering up the belly anymore.

I have been getting quite a few braxton hicks too. I forgot how tight a belly can tighten with those! They almost take your breath away they are so tight.

On the name front: We are considering a name change or two? and will share this when the baby arrives! So stay tuned. We feel pleased now! This baby has been the hardest to name so far!

I have asked a good friend of mine to take some pregnancy photos too, so I can capture this beautiful belly of mine. And, I really hope Cliff helps me with a belly casting too. I plan on finishing these fun items within the next 3-4 weeks as I am in my 8th month already.

Over the weekend, Cliff painted and installed the flooring in Cameron's room/Baby room. It looks wonderful and Cliff worked so hard to get it done. He did a wonderful job, and I am so thankful for a handy husband who can do things the right way! Cliff will install the crib, and bring up the dresser on the weekend, and that way we can get organized for the baby. Once the room is complete, I will post some photos. I am very pleased and the room is very warm and inviting. So much better than the boring old shoe box room before.

Another dilemma: We (meaning the 7 of us) will not fit into our mini van. So, we are truly considering purchasing an 8-11-15 passenger van. We have always joked about a
"School Bus" for our family. And, perhaps it will come true. LOL. We need to do something because I don't think we want to take 2 vehicles around LOL. So, if you see or know of a good deal on a passenger van! Let us know eh!!

So, that is about it for now!

Cathy
32 weeks and 3 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home