Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Appointment Update: 35 4/7th Weeks Along

Today was a great appointment. Everything is on track. I have my papers to carry around with me, so I know I am getting closer to D day. Today I got the lovely Group B Strep swab. And, I asked my Doc to check me out to see what kind of progress I am making.

Well he did, and this is what he reported to me after my check:

Heartrate is 140 bpm (you know what that means...it's a baby!)
I am a good 2 cms dialated already
and what I saw yesterday would have been the mucous plug because I asked about it
And, my cervix is very soft and rarin' to go.
He reported to me that I will not be carrying this baby to "term"

So, all in all a great appointment. I have booked my next "week" appointments, and...that is all I will tell right now. I don't want to jinx anything! Stay tuned. Baby could surprise us any day, but until then I am thinking May thoughts.

Still having an abundance of back pain/sciatic/braxton hicks/swollen legs and ankles. So all of the pre labour symptoms. It is too early for baby to come out anyways! But baby could have other plans...who knows. Maybe the baby will show up Easter morning!

Cathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home