Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Week 35 (5 weeks to go)

The 35 Week Belly Shot

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and weighs over 5 pounds. In fact, most of her development is complete. From here on, she's mostly concentrating on fattening up. You don't have a lot of room to grow either — your uterus is now about 15 times its normal size.
---------
Wow, I forgot how tiring and long the last part of pregnancy is. You would think a person could remember, but I sure can't. In the last two days, I have been experiencing, nausea, acid reflux so bad, that I have to get up and take TUMS in the middle of the night. The swelling of my bottom legs, feet and ankles. I have never ever had swelling last for this long...and I am back to feeling sick when smelling certain smells like popcorn, bbq'd meat etc. I am gagging again on my toothbrush. I thought I was going to throw up the past two mornings. And, now I am going pee so much. This baby has really dropped further, and I feel like I have basketball between my legs. I have a full on waddle. No hiding this baby LOL. Last night I experienced about 5 sets of braxton hicks within about 10-15 mins. They were one ontop of the other. I forgot how tight a uterus can contract. Almost tight enough to take my breath away. So, these are all good signs that my body is preparing very well for this baby's arrival. Now it is the waiting game.
This weekend was good, I got a chance to go shopping (for Baby) with my Mom and my Mom in Law. And go for breakfast with them too. I got some much needed baby stuff bought. The baby book, calendar, Lilypadz, and a great feeding pillow. Next week I will do the last of the shopping. So, everything will be crossed of the list. yipeee. Then baby can show up whenever he/she decides to make an appearance.

I also washed up gender neutral undershirts, sleepers, blankets, receiving blankets, the 3 new outfits in blue, pink and green for baby's first clothes. I washed up the changemat covering and the change mats. I just need to fold them up. I cannot believe how small the little items are! I am also going to get a change basket ready to go for our room, and get the diaper bag ready to go too. I do have newborn diapers in the house!
I have my 35 week/36 week doctors appointment this Wed. I will get the "wonderful" Group B Strep swap done...lovely. And I hope that the doc will give a bit of a "check" to see if there is any progression...not that it really makes a difference. I would just like to know.
Baby continues to be active, and I feel like there is an octopus in there some days! Movement all over the place. Especially when I want to go to bed! I am getting up on average of 3-4 times a night now to pee.

So there is my update, nothing really exciting, but there is an end in sight!
Cathy
4 weeks and 5 days left, but who is counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home