Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Week 36!

Week 36 (what only 26 days left until my due date?)

I find it hard to believe that I am truly in the home stretch! I cannot believe that our last baby will be here within the next 26 days! This pregnancy has gone fast, and yet slow at times. I think being an "expectant mom" really comes into play in these last weeks. I know this baby is coming out, but when???! For me they are full of joy, excitement, worry, happiness, sadness and anticipation. Mostly joyful though. I have finally been enjoying being pregnant with this baby. Feeling this new life moving about my uterus, and sharing my personal space with him or her. It has been such a special journey with this baby. A sense of pure joy.

I know I will truly will miss this phase of my life, especially when Cliff and I start talking about him going for a vasectomy after the baby is born, how final this stage of life will become. A wonderful set of memories...of my childbirthing years.

May 9th Cliff and I will have been married for 8 years. And if you think of that, that is 6 pregnancies/5 kids in 8 years! No wonder I will miss this. I have been practically pregnant for almost our whole marriage. I found out I was pregnant with Cameron when were only married for 6 months. I will not miss, these veins, the sciatic pain, the tired feeling, the lack of sleep, the aching body etc. But I will FOREVER cherish all of the last of the firsts with this baby. I know now our family will be complete.

I know my body cannot physically handle another baby. I need to get these veins taken care of, and start taking care of myself, and my family. I want to be able to have fun with Cliff, and and experience more as a couple. We will experience new things...such as, no more diapers, first foods (messy) sippy cups etc. Being able to leave the house without a diaper bag, and extra stuff just incase I get spit up all over me etc. Less to pack up when we just want to go out for a quick drive to the store.

I know with each baby, the kids get "bumped" from their previous positions, and now my current baby Catie will become a "big sister." I look at her now, and I go my darling little Catie, you are a mere baby yourself at only 19 months old. But, I know you will be a great big Sis. I am so excited for you to become that big Sis. Your baby Sister or Brother will be so lucky to have you as their older Sister.

We can grow up together as a family, and not have to worry about the "baby"...although this one will always be my baby.

I have so many feelings, that I cannot even put them all down here, except to say that I am so glad we chose this path of having a large family. It was the right path for us. Our kids have been so accepting of new babies/kids into the family. And their excitment shows Cliff and I that this baby was meant to be here with us.

Who would of guessed that I would be the one with 5 kids?! 20 years ago, I would have said no to marriage and kids. I am so glad that my life took this path. I am so glad to have such a wonderful, supportive and caring family.

I know that this special time is limited, and I try not to complain too much about the way my body feels physically, and emotionally I think I am ready to meet this baby, but I am cherishing every move, punch, jab and roll until baby arrives. I don't want to be grouchy, or moody or complain, because I have so much to be thankful for these days. I will try not let the trivial little things get to me, I will just be thankful for this blessing in my belly who will be my forever baby.

I still have some stuff to prepare, and a nest to fluff. Heck, we still don't have a van that will accomodate all 7 of us!

I was reading 5 Little Monkeys to my girls last night, and I saw these 5 little monkeys in the illustrations jumping on the bed, and I realized...I will have that! (well except that they will not be real monkeys!!) but I will have 5 kids! Wow. The amount looked just right to me! All of the seats on my bench are full now. Our family will be complete in a matter of weeks.

I cannot wait to meet you baby!

Cathy36 Weeks 2 Days
__________________

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

This update was so nice to read.. It makes me excited looking forward to having our next (and last) child, but kind of sad already knowing that I will only be preggers one more time.

You are a very lucky and blessed woman, Cathy :)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home