Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Week 36/37 Doctors Appointment Update


Big ol Belly Shot 36 Weeks and 4 Days


I cannot believe that on Saturday I will be 37 weeks already. I had a good doctor's appointment today. Baby has dropped lower again, and the heartrate was back up to 152...hhmmm. I wonder what that means? Anyways. I lost 2 pounds. The swelling has gone down a bit in my legs and feet. And the Group B Strep swap came back NEGATIVE! I have been having so many braxton hicks with this baby lately. My hips get sore when I get the braxton hicks. It is so weird, as I have never felt the pain go down the sides of both of my legs during these. Sooooo sore. Walking is becoming a chore these days. And bending down, well almost impossible. But I am still walking the kids to school and back, and managing very well to get through the day. I feel pretty happy about that. My doctor calls me his "model patient" because of how well I am coping with everything at the END of my pregnancy. I am 9 months here, and still managing quite well. I am in really good spirits! I am just so EXCITED to meet this little one! I want to know if it is a boy or a girl! I still say girl. So does Cliff.

We have had a lot of sickness in our house this week, starting on Easter Sunday with our littlest, Catie. She threw up all over herself and the crib. Bath for her and laundry galore. Thankfully only two rounds. Easter Monday, Carly gets sick in her bed, and all over her. Into the bath she goes, and then more laundry. Wednesday, Catie starts getting a runny bum, it happened at night, and poop leaked out onto her and her bedding. More laundry. Poor baby girl. And then Carly and Catie have very runny noses. Then yesterday, Cliff came home early because his stomach was acting up so he slept on the couch for 3 hours. My stomach hurt too, but thankfully today I feel better. Cameron told me tonight that his tummy was sore. Thankfully nobody is sick tonight. So the worst must be over. I cannot believe how much laundry soap we went through this week. My goodness.

I also managed to break the shower head pipe in our ensuite shower Monday night. Call it nesting, but all I wanted was a cleaned out shower...I was down on all fours scrubbing away with Tilex and a new grout scrubber, and then I went to rinse, and pushed the head of the shower and snap...oooops. Call it Momma strength or something, but it was not intentional. So, hopefully by tomorrow it will all be fixed up. Now I feel out of order because the shower is still dirty, and now Cliff went in behind the shower wall (which is the linen closet in our main hall) and there is wet in there too. So, out came the carpeting in there, a pillow in the garbage and now some drywall will be ripped out and repaired. (Cliff thinks that there was an old existing leak from some time ago according the mold in there) So now my linens are spread about the house. Talk about frustrating. All I want is a clean shower, and to be organized for when the baby arrives. And I want everybody to be healthy.

I now have a suitcase waiting in our room to be packed. And, only a few things to purchase. But really, if baby came tonight, I would be ready! And I think next week would be a great time to have a baby. I keep saying the 26th of April. It is a Wednesday, and our busiest day with fieldtrips for 3/4 kids. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer. As my Doctor said it could happen before my next appointment also on the 26th. Stranger things have happened. I do know that I have pedicure appointment and a hair appointment booked for the 29th, but I want to change the pedi to this weekend. I just feel like I should. The roots can wait!


So, that is my update.

Cathy36 Weeks and 4 Days

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Cathy!! I'm so excited for you! We're getting so close!

Sorry to hear about all the sickness, but hopefully it's gone and everyone will be healthy for the new baby when he/she comes! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Waiting with anticipation...

-Katie

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home