Preggers (again with No. 5) and Proud!

Baby Number 5 for Cathy and Cliff is expected May 13th (what a great Mothers Day gift) 2006. Right now we have 4 kids. Cameron is 6, Claire is 5, Carly is 3.5 and Catie is 1 year old. We have a larger family than the normal, but we have lots of love in the house!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

37/38 Week Appointment Update April 26th 2006

37 Week 4 Day Belly Shots, and a
Close up just for fun!

There has been progress people!!
3 cms down, and 7 long ones to go!

Apparently I have made progress. So, the shooting hip pains, contractions and pains shooting down my cervix are doing some good work!

At my appointment today, I was a good 3 cms, and baby's head is well applied to my cervix with a "bulging" bag of water! I screamed when I heard that...it makes everything real! Yikes. So, everything else at my appointment went as per normal. Blood pressure was awesome. Baby's heartbeat was 144 bpm.

And, now. I have experienced my LAST prenatal appointment ever. EVER! How crazy. So, it could be any time, but Dr. D has scheduled me for an "induction" on May 3rd. I am to call the L&D at 6:30 to HOPEFULLY head in by 7:30 in the morning. But, I will not place bets on that date. I don't want to feel disappointed, like when I was induced with Catie...it happened a day later than what we had hoped for. Dr. D will not give up tho. He will be calling in and checking to see if any of the inductions have birthed their babies in hopes that I can get in earlier on the 1st or the 2nd. So, either way. Baby will be here within 7/8 days max. That is a good feeling.

I told my doctor that I have been feeling rather sick, and nervous (really nervous) about the birth of this baby. And he said that the way I feel is completely normal. And also because it is my last pregnancy, and the end of this chapter in my life. Gosh, I have spent the last 7 years either conceiving, birthing and breastfeeding our kids. And he also mentioned that I have had a harder pregnancy because of all of the troubles found during my 3 ultrasounds etc. Nerve wracking for sure. So, anyways. He decided that an induction is the way to go. Especially because I have rather fast labours! But, he said if I feel ANYTHING at all...to call the L&D and ask them to call him too so that he doesn't miss out on delivering our final baby.

He will be delivering the final piece of the puzzle.That is a sad feeling, yet oh so liberating to me! It has been wonderful to have Cliff home this week, and I anticipate the next 4 weeks will be just as wonderful! The kids are having such a great time with him! We finished off a few more things. The linen closet has flooring and all the linens are put away, and the infant seat has been adjusted.

I just have my bag to pack. I have everything ready to go, but for some reason I don't want to pack it just yet. I can throw it together in a pinch tho!

So that is good.

So anyways. That is my update in a nutshell.

Cathy

Baby No. 5 coming May 3rd!
7 days to go, if not sooner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home